- Position: Truck Driver
- Reports To: President
- Classification: Non-Exempt
- Job Purpose: The truck driver performs a variety of routine and complex work in driving and coordinating transportation plans to support Capital Repair Services.
Drive a light vehicle, such as a truck or van, with a capacity of less than 26,000 pounds Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW), primarily to deliver or pick up merchandise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Obey traffic laws and following established traffic and transportation procedures.
- Inspect and maintain vehicle supplies and equipment, such as gas, oil, water, tires, lights, or brakes, to ensure that vehicles are in proper working condition.
- Report any mechanical problems encountered with vehicles.
- Present bills and receipts and collect payments for goods delivered or loaded.
- Verify the contents of inventory loads against shipping papers.
- Turn in receipts and money received from deliveries.
- Maintain records, such as vehicle logs, records of cargo, or billing statements, in accordance with regulations.
- Follow routes using the Global Positioning System (GPS), read maps, and follow written or verbal geographic directions.
- Drive vehicles to transport materials to and from specified destinations, such as retail stores, residences, or Capital Repair Services locations.
- Load and unload truck/van.
- Valid Virginia Driver's License and clean driving record.
- Required Education and Experience: High School diploma or GED and 1 year of experience.
- Customer and Personal Service: Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Transportation: Knowledge of principles and methods for moving goods by road including the relevant costs (e.g., fuel, tolls, etc.).
- Vision: Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus are required.
- Physical Demands: Employee must be able to do the following in order to perform the job: sit, talk, hear, use hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, lift and move up to 100 pounds. Must be able to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down.
- Spatial Orientation: The ability to know your location in relation to the environment or to know where other objects are in relation to you.
- Static Strength: The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
While performing the duties of this job, the driver works in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, vibration and moderate noise.
ADDITIONAL JOB ACTIVITIES
This job description does not contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties and responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. They are subject to change without notice.